1. Office Name: Leadership Director
2. Office Term (Date: Ex. 2006-2007): 2006-2007
3. How do you plan to help committees address the four NMRT goals? (If it does not apply, put N/A.)
Goal 1: I plan to foster communication between committee members and help my committee chairs reach their own goals and have a positive leadership experience in NMRT;
Goal 2: I am specifically trying to mentor the new committee chairs so that they will continue to be assets to NMRT;
Goal 3 and Goal 4 are N/A to this position.
4. How do you plan to create a positive committee experience? What type of support do you plan to provide to chairs and committee members, and how often do you plan to provide such support?
I will continue with my successful mentoring last year of being available but not pushy about deadlines and answering questions in a timely manner. I check in with all committee chairs on a regular basis about every two week and monitor their deadlines. I also monitor committee conversations in case I need to liaison with the board.
5. What future directions do you see your office or NMRT needing to take this year or the following year? What kind of strategies do you envision for addressing projects that affect committees outside of your supervision?
At this point, I think the Leadership Director position is straightforward. We do have some committee changes coming up and we will need to make sure charges are clear for next year's committees.
6. Date of report: 10/16/2006
7. Submitted by: Michelle S. Millet