1. Office Name: NMRT Networking Director
2. Office Term (Date: Ex. 2006-2007): 2006-2008
3. How do you plan to help committees address the four NMRT goals? (If it does not apply, put N/A.)
I have been in touch with the chairs of the committees under my supervision, I've explained some of the processes, and asked to be included in most of their communication. I am available to the chairs and the committee members for any questions or suggestions, and I have and will serve as a go-between between chairs and the Fundraising Coordinator. The committees I supervise have a direct effect on the four NMRT goals, so I will do my best to see that the committees are successful.
4. How do you plan to create a positive committee experience? What type of support do you plan to provide to chairs and committee members, and how often do you plan to provide such support?
I plan to provide whatever support chairs and committee members need to accomplish the committee's charge. I initiated email communication with all the chairs, and asked to be kept informed of their committee communication. By being copied to the committee's emails, I can keep up with progress, spot red flags, and be aware of problems or solutions of each committee. I will also be available by phone, because sometimes that's the best method of communication. I will be attending the All-Committee meeting at midwinter, and I will be available to those chairs/members who will be attending that.
5. What future directions do you see your office or NMRT needing to take this year or the following year? What kind of strategies do you envision for addressing projects that affect committees outside of your supervision?
I see the Networking Director continuing to assist the committees and acting as a knowledge base for the new chairs and members. Any strategies for addressing projects for other committees would include the other Directors, and the NMRT Board. Board Communication is key.
This is what Nanette's (chair-elect) vision for the networking committees:
For the most part, I see your committees as being long-standing committees with clearly-set goals. There's always room for updates and improvements, though, so if there's any way I can help, please let me know.
The Committees have clear goals and charges that continue each year. They are an important part of the NMRT “brand”. I'd like that to continue.
6. Date of report: 10/12/2006
7. Submitted by: Sally Bickley, Networking Director