Committee Final Report
NOTE: ** = Required Field
**Type of report being submitted: Final Report
**Date: June 16, 2006
**Committee Name: Membership Relations
**Supervising Board Member: Nanette Donohue
**Chair, Co-Chairs, Assistant Chairs: Amy Gonzalez Ferguson
**Committee members: Akeisha L. Heard, Jennifer Dawson, Jennifer Friedman, Jenny Emanuel and Kathryn Yelinek
**Goals, Objectives, Projects completed (including, but not limited to, any procedures, tip sheets, checklists, etc. created during the reporting year):
· Contacted over 600 new members and will continue to welcome new members
· Drafted and sent information to the 47 people who requested information about NMRT Committees in the 2005 NMRT Booth Survey. Surveys that requested information about joining NMRT were sent to the Membership Promotion, Recruitment, and Diversity Committee.
· Published two installments of “Headliners” in Footnotes.
· Drafted and printed a brochure about NMRT committees to distribute at the NMRT Orientation and booth at ALA Annual.
· Drafted new Handbook entry
**Action Items/Issues To Be Resolved – What plans/projects remain which will be carried over or postponed until next year? Have there been any substantial changes in plans requiring a reconsideration or cancellation of projects? Information regarding such will be helpful for future chairs and planners.
Continue discussions with the Footnotes committee about the possibility of allowing new members to submit very brief personal introductions.
Survey of dropped members – 2 difficulties prevented us from pursuing this project. 1) We have not determined the best way to reconcile the list of reinstated members with the list of dropped members. 2) We have not decided on the best way to conduct the survey (web, e-mail, paper, etc.).
Financial Report Section:
Your budget appropriation (see budget) a. $200.00
Amount which you have spent this year b. 79.03
Difference between budgeted amount and amount spent (a-b) c. 120.97
**Report submitted by: Amy Gonzalez Ferguson
**Email address: AmyGFerguson@gmail.com