1. Office Name: President
2. Office Term (Date: Ex. 2005-2006): 2005-2006
3. How do you plan to help committees address the four NMRT goals? (If it does not apply, put N/A.)
By appointing new NMRT members to committee positions allowing them to gain committee experience. Also by appointing current committee members to committee chair positions in order for them to enhance their leadership and supervisory experience not only within NMRT but also future participation within the American Library Association round tables and divisions. Outreach to NMRT members by publicizing existing and new services, in addition to scholarships and grants that are available to members.
4. How do you plan to create a positive committee experience? What type of support do you plan to provide to chairs and committee members, and how often do you plan to provide such support?
By providing the necessary support, via the NMRT directors, to committee chairs by: 1) Making myself readily available via email, telephone, and text messaging, and 2) by providing ample number of committee members assigned to each committee in order to achieve committee tasks and goals.
5. What future directions do you see your office or NMRT needing to take this year or the following year? What kind of strategies do you envision for addressing projects that affect committees outside of your supervision?
Of current importance is the delegation of tasks to solicit for vendor support. The dissolution of the Exhibitor Contact & Relations Committee has left in question who shall be responsible for seeking vendor support. Currently ECRC is in ad hoc status, thereby allowing the NMRT Executive Board to explore options and decide which committees or executive board member/s will take on the role for vendor support. Current ECRC chair, Shannon Tennant will present a proposal addressing this issue.
This year one of the goals of the NMRT President is to implement the recommendations of the organization review initiated by my predecessor. The budget for 2006-2007 must reflect those changes made. Currently committees such as Annual Program and President's Program & Membership Meeting will share the budget for instance. [Please refer to NMRT-L:4980 NMRT Committees] for new NMRT structure.
6. Date of report: October 6, 2005
7. Submitted by: Nadine M. Flores