NOTE: ** = Required Field
**Type of report being submitted: Committee Final Report
**Date: June 17, 2005
**Committee Name: Shirley Olofson Memorial Award Committee
**Supervising Board Member: Shelly McCoy
**Chair, Co-Chairs, Assistant Chairs: Bob Wolverton, chair
**Committee members: Robin Ewing, Michelle Fossum, Christiana French, Geoffrey Morse, Bob Wolverton
**Goals, Objectives, Projects completed (including, but not limited to, any procedures, tip sheets, checklists, etc. created during the reporting year):
1. Worked with the NMRT Web Committee to update the online application for the Olofson Award.
2. Worked with the NMRT Publicity Committee to publicize information about the Olofson Award.
3. Developed a formal rating scale to assist Olofson Award Committee members in evaluating each applicant on the award criteria.
4. Sent Olofson Award applicants an email of acknowledgment within 48 hours of receiving their applications.
5. Developed a flyer about the Olofson Award for distribution at the 2005 ALA Midwinter Meeting.
6. Updated a combined brochure with the 3M/NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee about the Olofson Award and the 3M/NMRT Professional Development Grant for distribution at the 2005 ALA Annual Conference.
7. Selected Mary Mannix as the Olofson Award recipient for 2005 from among 33 applicants.
8. Sent press release about the selection of Mary Mannix as the 2005 Olofson Award recipient to the NMRT Publicity Committee.
9. Developed a list of optional priority guidelines regarding the Olofson Award review and selection process as a potential resource for future Olofson Award Committees. Will discuss the guidelines at the NMRT Executive Board Meeting at the ALA Annual Conference on June 27, 2005.
10. Will present a Certificate of Award to Mary Mannix as the 2005 recipient of the Shirley Olofson Memorial Award at the NMRT Membership Meeting at the ALA Annual Conference on June 25, 2005.
**Action Items/Issues To Be Resolved – What plans/projects remain which will be carried over or postponed until next year? Have there been any substantial changes in plans requiring a reconsideration or cancellation of projects? Information regarding such will be helpful for future chairs and planners.
Financial Report Section:
Your budget appropriation (see budget)
Amount which you have spent this year
Difference between budgeted amount and amount spent (a-b)
**Report submitted by: Bob Wolverton
**Email address: email@example.com