NOTE: ** = Required Field
**Type of report being submitted: Final Report
**Date: June 20, 2005
**Committee Name: Nominating Committee
**Supervising Board Member: Beth Kraemer
**Chair, Co-Chairs, Assistant Chairs: Michelle Millet
**Committee members: Pennie Howard and Samantha Schmehl
**Goals, Objectives, Projects completed (including, but not limited to, any procedures, tip sheets, checklists, etc. created during the reporting year):
Prepared a slate of candidates for 2005 election, which included the following duties:
· Held online forum and gave candidates a chance to speak in person at Midwinter 2005
· Distributed a listing of NMRT members, in good standing, running for other ALA offices
· Maintained, with the fabulous assistance of the Web Team chair, a Web page with candidate information (for those running for NMRT offices)
· Contacted candidates and confirmed their willingness to run; checked that they were members in good standing; provided candidates with information regarding each office
· Contacted candidates and had them prepare personal statements
· Transferred their personal statements and information to the Web page for candidates
· Prepared the slate of officers for approval at Midwinter
· Distributed slate of candidates to ALA
· Solicited names of NMRT members, in good standing, who are running for other offices in ALA; worked with Kim Sanders to make sure they were NMRT members in good standing, then distributed their names to NMRT members
**Action Items/Issues To Be Resolved – What plans/projects remain which will be carried over or postponed until next year? Have there been any substantial changes in plans requiring a reconsideration or cancellation of projects? Information regarding such will be helpful for future chairs and planners.
· The handbook entry still needs to be updated. This is an important task so that dates/deadlines are accurate.
· The NMRT members running for other offices totaled one person. This additional duty of the committee should be monitored for a time/benefit analysis. If, over the next few years, there are few positive efforts gained by this endeavor, it should be discontinued.
· Hopefully web page information can be handled directly by the Committee so that the Web committee is not burdened with a lot of changes in a short amount of time.
· Begin the updating of Nominating Committee Web pages early so that names and contact information can be changed early on in the process.
Financial Report Section:
Your budget appropriation (see budget)
Amount which you have spent this year
Difference between budgeted amount and amount spent (a-b)
**Report submitted by: Michelle S. Millet
**Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org