Committee Planning Report
**Type of report being submitted: Committee Planning Report
**Committee Name: 3M/NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee
**Supervising Board Member: Shelly McCoy
**Chair, Co-Chairs, Assistant Chairs: Jeannette Ho
**Committee members: Elisa Tan, Katherine Harris, Mary Ellen Icaza, Nancy Kampfe, Dawn Lowe-Wicentsen, Christina Tabereaux, Deloice Holliday
**Committee Charge: The committee charge is to choose three recipients of the 3M/NMRT Professional Development Grant.
**2004 - 2005 Project Description / Goals:
This committee will advertise the grant through the Publicity Committee, review applications, select recipients at ALA Midwinter, and work with 3M to coordinate their activities at annual conference.
**Specific Objectives (numbers, tangible end-products):
1. Update grant information on NMRT Web site and online application form. This has been accomplished. The online form has also been set up to send applications to a shared Yahoo email account where committee members may review applications as they come in.
2. Advertise grant on listservs and publications of library associations at national/state/regional levels, as well as library schools. This is being done through the Publicity Committee.
3. Maintain contact with new 3M liaison, Becky Anderson, and keep her informed of committee progress.
4. Schedule meeting time and location at ALA Midwinter.
5. Select three recipients at a closed meeting at ALA Midwinter.
6. Notify recipients and individuals not selected soon after Midwinter.
7. Ensure recipients meet eligibility requirements.
8. Work with Publicity to prepare press release about recipients to Footnotes.
9. Work with recipients and 3M liaison to schedule activities of recipients at ALA Annual.
10. Present grant to recipients at 3M/NMRT social in
11. Update committee procedures in tip sheet and NMRT handbook.
Financial Report Section:
Your budget appropriation (see budget)
Amount which you have spent so far this year
Your estimated additional expenses this year
Total of amount spent and additional "estimated" expenses for this year (b+c)
Difference between budgeted amount and total expenses from above (a-d)
f. Vendor support planned or anticipated for the year (either money or in-kind gifts), list here: 3M funds the awards.
g. Vendor support requested: (From the above list, what, if any, has been requested from the Exhibitor Contact and Relations Committee?) None.
h. Vendor support received: (From the above list, what if any, has been received?) None.
Specific Needs/Support (non-financial): (For the categories below, please include approximate date service needed)
a. Web Support (help with webpage creation, web form creation, web database, web database, scripting, etc):
We will need the Web Committee to update the 3M/NMRT web pages, when needed, and to ensure the proper functioning of the online application form. We will keep them notified of any problems or changes and send them appropriate files.
b. On-site conference volunteers: (include estimated numbers needed and brief job description) None.
c. Publicity planned for the committee (posting to other discussion lists, official press release for webpage, etc.):
I have requested
that the Publicity Committee advertise our grant in library listservs,
library schools (they have contacted SASCO), and the publications of
national/state/regional library associations that are listed on the
**Report submitted by: Jeannette Ho
**Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org