Type of report being submitted: Committee Final Report
Committee: Student and Student Chapter Outreach
Officer: Shelly McCoy
Chair: Kim Wobick
Asst. Chair: Susan Anderson
Committee members: Amanda Bakken, Kira Barnes, Amy Deuink, Robin Ewing, Lila Faulkner, Michelle Fossum, Sarah Jansen, Jennifer Lau, Sara Robbins, Jessica Rogoz, Jennifer Weidenbenner, Christina Williams
Goals and objectives of the committee:
maintain a network of individuals able to promote
Work with other
· Keep student members informed about various NMRT activities, awards, and scholarships;
· Provide a forum for library students to meet and network.
Projects completed (including, but not limited to, any procedures, tip sheets, checklists, etc. created during the reporting year):
· Advertising of SCOTYA award, along with encouraging nominations from student chapters. On a regular basis, SASCO sent out press releases to school contacts. The press was put together by Jodie Mattos, chair of the SCOYTA committee.
· Updated information in the SASCO section of the NMRT handbook.
SASCO flyers were
either sent to the proper
updating of LIS program student chapter contact database. To date, SASCO
committee members have successfully contacted roughly 42% of 151 schools with
library and information science education programs. This includes both
· Continued monthly newsletter, the SASCO Times, for LIS students. The newsletter was distributed both through SASCO members to school program contacts, as well as to NMRTSTUDL listserv.
· From February through April, monthly discussion topics were posted to NMRTSTUDL to encourage use of the list and discussion among the members of the list. As in 2003, this was a successful venture with many responses.
· SASCO members have continually worked to establish and maintain relationships with student chapters.
· A general tip sheet has been created by SASCO chair for use by incoming chairs.
Action Items/Issues To Be Resolved – What plans/projects remain which will be carried over or postponed until next year? Have there been any substantial changes in plans requiring a reconsideration or cancellation of projects? Information regarding such will be helpful for future chairs and planners.
For reasons that are unclear, SASCO web content that has been updated and edited by the SASCO Web committee and sent to the NMRT web committee via our web liaison has never appeared on the NMRT web site. Repeated attempts have been made to contact various people associated with the NMRT web committee, and no response has been received. The content is ready to go, and I hope that it will be posted over the summer.
Financial Report Section:
Your budget appropriation (see budget)
Amount which you have spent this year
Difference between budgeted amount and amount spent (a-b)
Report submitted by: Kim Wobick, SASCO Chair
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org