1. Office Name: Leadership Development Director
2. Office Term (Date: Ex. 2002-2003): 2002-2005
3. How do you plan to help committees address the four NMRT goals? (If it does not apply, put N/A.)
The committees that I work with are all working in one way or another to provide librarians and library school students with opportunities for professional growth.
4. How do you plan to create a positive committee experience? What type of support do you plan to provide to chairs and committee members, and how often do you plan to provide such support?
I tend to have a hands-off approach. My committee chairs have been given their tasks and hopefully they see me as a resource person. When they have issues or questions they can come to me and together we can work on finding the answer.
5. What future directions do you see your office or NMRT needing to take this year or the following year? What kind of strategies do you envision for addressing projects that affect committees outside of your supervision?
I would like to see this office creating some material for the director. Currently, this position doesn't have any documentation. This makes it rather difficult to answer questions bout previous years. I plan to work with my committee chairs in the coming months to create a notebook that can be passed on to the next director.
6. Date of report: February 13, 2003
7. Submitted by: Sara E. Morris