1. Office Name: Network Director
2. Office Term (Date: Ex. 2002-2003): 2003-2004
3. How do you plan to help committees address the four NMRT goals? (If it does not apply, put N/A.)
Goals #2&4: To provide networking opportunities via MW Social, 3M/NMRT Social, and Liaison program to allow new librarians (potential NMRT members) to mix in an informal and formal manner with experienced NMRT members to discuss the benefits of joining our round table.
4. How do you plan to create a positive committee experience? What type of support do you plan to provide to chairs and committee members, and how often do you plan to provide such support?
To communicate with committee chairs via phone and email to discuss goals for their committees. I have an “open-door” policy when it comes to communicating with chairs and I am readily available when they need assistance.
5. What future directions do you see your office or NMRT needing to take this year or the following year? What kind of strategies do you envision for addressing projects that affect committees outside of your supervision?
To monitor the success and potential funding of the NMRT MW Socials; to actively recruit members to the liaison program and measure its retention and recruitment.
6. Date of report: October 16, 2003
7. Submitted by: Nadine M. Flores