NOTE: ** = Required Field
**Type of report being submitted: Committee Planning Report
**Committee Name: Midwinter Activities Committee
**Supervising Board Member: Shannon Tennet
**Chair, Co-Chairs, Assistant Chairs: Georgia Titonis
**Committee members: Linda Rowan, Kennethwayne Thompson
The Midwinter Activities committee plans to organize a fun
and interesting social at the Midwinter Conference and create a list of
inexpensive places to eat, stay and enjoy your trip to
**2002 - 2003 Project Description / Goals:
Organize a party for 40-60 people that will appeal to everyone.
To create a list of places that will help people enjoy
**Specific Objectives (numbers, tangible end-products):
Regarding the Social –
· To find a venue for the party that will appeal to the broadest range of people and still be easy to get to go, within our budget and fun.
· To decide what to serve at this party so that everyone can have a nibble and we stay within our budget
· To pay the venue for the Social in a timely manner.
· To find out if Shuttle buses could continue to run during and after the social which will be in the Convention Center, specifically a pub that is in the building but accesses through an outside door only.
· To publicize the Social using NMRT-l, a flyer that can put on the NMRT website and put in the NMRT Drop box at the conference, and make sure the social makes it into the conference guide.
· To begin publicizing the Social in December or Early January.
Regarding the List of helpful Philly Info
· To create a list that includes 3-10 places to eat under $20.00 and still enjoy the food.
· To create a list that includes 3-10 places to stay which are as inexpensive as possible given hotel costs in the City, and still comfortable and easy to get around.
To create a list of 5-10 fun, inexpensive must
see, or must do things in
· To have all of this information available by Mid November at the latest.
· Publicize the information compiled through NRMT-l, NMRT website and the NMRT drop box at the conference.
Financial Report Section:
Your budget appropriation (see budget)
Amount which you have spent so far this year
Your estimated additional expenses this year
Total of amount spent and additional "estimated" expenses for this year (b+c)
Difference between budgeted amount and total expenses from above (a-d)
e. max 200.00
f. Vendor support planned or anticipated for the year (either money or in-kind gifts), list here:
g. Vendor support requested: (From the above list, what, if any, has been requested from the Exhibitor Contact and Relations Committee?)
h. Vendor support received: (From the above list, what if any, has been received?)
Specific Needs/Support (non-financial): (For the categories below, please include approximate date service needed)
a. Web Support (help with webpage creation, web form creation, web database, web database, scripting, etc): We will probably need help getting information on the Social and the list of helpful information on the website. We can do the coding but someone else will have to actually house the page.
b. On-site conference volunteers: (include estimated numbers needed and brief job description)
c. Publicity planned for the committee (posting to other discussion lists, official press release for webpage, etc.):
Any help the publicity committee would like to offer in ensuring that all people who would be interested in the social will be greatly appreciated.
**Report submitted by: Georgia Titonis
**Email address: email@example.com