NOTE: ** = Required Field
**Type of report being submitted: Committee Planning Report
**Date: September 6, 2002
**Committee Name: Exhibitor Contact & Relations
**Supervising Board Member: Bill Jenkins
**Chair, Co-Chairs, Assistant Chairs: Lisa Weber, chair; Kathrin Dodds, assistant chair
**Committee members: Sarah English, Melanie W. Strals, Lisa Broughman, Teresa Burk
1) The Exhibitor Contact & Relations Committee is charged with organizing the Friendly Booth Awards and the Marshall Cavendish essay contest, both events happen only at the Annual conference.
2) Act as a liaison between the exhibitors, the Exhibits Round Table, and ALA/NMRT.
**2002 - 2003 Project Description / Goals:
1) Continue to fine-tune the Friendly Booth judging so everything runs smoothly. Ensure that all requirements are present for thorough, and fair judging.
2) Resolve outstanding issues with the Exhibitor's Round Table (ERT). Communicate with ERT to determine where weaknesses in the ECRC judging process are present and do what it takes to improve the process to the satisfaction of both the ERT and the ECRC members.
3) Organize the Marshall Cavendish essay contest.
a. Increase the number of contest entries through promotional efforts such as discussion list postings and press releases.
**Specific Objectives (numbers, tangible end-products):
1) Arrange for EBSCO bags and SIRSI pens for Midwinter and Annual – November / April
2) Be able to present the Friendly Booth awards at 4:30pm – 5:00pm, Saturday, June 21, without any last minute glitches.
a. Advertise for volunteers for judging – early May
b. Purchase award ribbons and frames – May
c. Prepare a list of vendors by booth number to facilitate judging
3) Receive a minimum of ten entries for the Marshall Cavendish essay contest.
Financial Report Section:
Your budget appropriation (see budget)
Amount which you have spent so far this year
Your estimated additional expenses this year
Total of amount spent and additional "estimated" expenses for this year (b+c)
Difference between budgeted amount and total expenses from above (a-d)
f. Vendor support planned or anticipated for the year (either money or in-kind gifts), list here:
EBSCO – bags for Orientation
SIRSI – pens for Orientation
g. Vendor support requested: (From the above list, what, if any, has been requested from the Exhibitor Contact and Relations Committee?)
h. Vendor support received: (From the above list, what if any, has been received?)
Specific Needs/Support (non-financial): (For the categories below, please include approximate date service needed)
a. Web Support (help with webpage creation, web form creation, web database, web database, scripting, etc):
b. On-site conference volunteers: (include estimated numbers needed and brief job description)
15-20 volunteers needed for Friendly Booth judging at Annual. Volunteers will be expected to report to the area designated for the ECRC Committee at 8:00 am, Saturday, June 21, for complete instructions on booth judging requirements. Each judge will be given a listing of booths to anonymously inspect. Booths will then be narrowed down according to friendliness ratings until a final list of those best meeting the criteria for friendliness will be compiled. This final list will determine the winner who will be awarded at 4:30 p.m.
c. Publicity planned for the committee (posting to other discussion lists, official press release for webpage, etc.):
Postings to discussion lists, (NMRT, any other applicable listservs)
Press releases submitted to ALA NMRT webpage; regional and state library associations, Cognotes Newsletter; any other applicable associations, newsletters or outlets as determined by ECRC committee members.
**Report submitted by: Lisa Weber
**Email address: email@example.com