At the 2001 Annual Conference in San Francisco, June 13-20, the ALSC Board:
These vice-chairs will shadow the current chairs at Midwinter and Annual Conference, and will take office at the end of Annual.
- Approved, upon the recommendation of the Emerging Formats Task Force, the revision of all award and evaluation terms to include e-books in the definition of “book,” starting with books published in 2002.
- Approved the list of 2002 Annual Conference Program Proposals.
- Endorsed the Resolution on Legislative Committees of Youth Divisions.
- Endorsed the following resolution in honor of Stephanie Anton, ALSC Interim Executive Director (June 2000-August 2001):
- Whereas Stephanie Anton graciously agreed to serve as Interim Director of ALSC; and
- Whereas she has provided continuity for the Division during this challenging year; and
- Whereas she has actively recruited and hired a dynamic and dedicated staff; and
- Whereas she has created a positive office atmosphere that has contributed to a team approach to projects and problem-solving; and
- Whereas she has represented our Division within ALA with grace and style; and
- Whereas she was able to maintain her sense of humor and her unflappable perspective while wearing two hats
- Therefore be it resolved that the ALSC Board of Directors expresses its sincere thanks and appreciation for service above and beyond the call of duty.
Back to ALSC Board Major Actions main page